CE: already appointed preliminary investigator to commence related disciplinary procedures

104

Prior to setting off to Beijing to attend the ‘One Belt, One Road’ forum on Friday, the city’s Chief Executive Fernando Chui Sai On said a preliminary investigator had already been appointed to commence related disciplinary procedures in the case of illegal recruitment practised by the Cultural Affairs Bureau (IC).
Chui said on Friday that the IC had submitted the report on the matter and the city’s Commission Against Corruption (CCAC) had already started its analysis of the report.
The IC was slammed by CCAC in March for using illegal methods to recruit a large number of its workers, however the bureau’s new director Leung Hio Ming claimed last month that the case was not related to any transfer of benefits or other illegal activities.
The CE also discussed the reasons for the release of the mortgage policy earlier this month, citing the observations made by the Secretary for Economy and Finance Lionel Leong Vai Tac that over 90 per cent of Macau’s real estate transactions were made by local buyers, and a considerable number of local residents own more than one property.
Chui pledged that the MSAR Government would continue to observe the financial and real estate markets in the city, and would also welcome and analyse opinions.

Co-operation between Macau and Beijing
The CE, together with his delegation, had a meeting on Saturday with the Beijing deputy secretary and mayor of Beijing Municipality, Cai Qi, where they discussed and inked agreements on the development of co-operation between the two cities.
The authorities of both cities signed agreements in areas of business, education and training for civil servants.
The two cities have a long established exchange and co-operation relationship in areas of economy and trade, youth, culture and education.
According to Cai, the number of joint projects between the two regions has increased from 17 to 22 projects this year.